Run for Mental Health Ltd was established in May 2023 as an Australian not-for-profit and community-based charity organisation.
Our aim is to “empower people to thrive through optimal physical and mental health”.
We will do this through the following key pillars:
- We will deliver community-based mental health services through provision of regular places to meet and connect.
- We will engage in activities to promote and support exercise and community connections as a way to improve health outcomes for people living with mental health concerns.
- We will promote mental health and improve public awareness of mental disease, so that people have greater knowledge, feel safe to talk openly about their issues and are supported to ask for help when they need to.
- We will promote improved mental health outcomes for the Australian community, including through early intervention and prevention programs.
- We will build capacity for people experiencing mental health distress to share their knowledge and experience with the wider community.
- We will raise awareness of the need to conduct research into the causes of mental health illnesses and identify preventative actions and management solutions for mental health.
Run for Mental Health Ltd (ABN 66 668 224 100) is a registered DGR Type 1 Charity with ACNC and is located in Melbourne, Australia.
Run for Mental Health Ltd is a charitable institution whose principal purpose is to promote the prevention and control of diseases in human beings, focusing primarily on mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety.
We seek to promote mental health and improve public awareness of mental disease, so that people have greater knowledge, feel safe to talk openly about their issues and are supported to ask for help when they need to.
Run for Mental Health’s current flagship activity is the ‘Run the Tan’ annual showcase charity event, held annually in Melbourne, Australia at the iconic Tan Track’ around the beautiful Botanic Gardens. For more information, please visit: https://runthetan.net/
Learn how you can get involved with Run for Mental Health.